Mittler Bros Metal Working and Bead Rolling Classes
Scroll to bottom of page to fill out registration form.
All Classes are held at Mittler Bros Facility in Wright City, MO. All skill levels are welcome to attend. Class sizes are limited to 10 people and are booked on a first come first served basis. Classes are held over a 2-day period with typical hours of 9am – 5pm. Your cost of admission includes all materials required for the class, lunch both days and dinner Saturday night. A block of hotel rooms will be reserved at a local hotel, but the student is responsible for placing a deposit with the hotel ahead of time and paying the balance upon check-in. The cost for the class is $1,000.00 per student. A non-refundable deposit of $100.00 is required at time of booking to secure your spot in the class. The balance is due 4 weeks prior to the class date. In the event the balance is not paid by the due date, your spot may be forfeited.
Bead Rolling with Andy McCoy
October 7th and 8th
- Background on Andy McCoy’s bead rolling journey and a discussion with the students or their goals and objectives for the class
- Introduction to the bead rolling machine, its functions, and safety
- Setting up the bead roller and choosing the appropriate dies for your project
- Introduction to bead rolling a firewall or other components of street rods
- Hands-on: Bead rolling basics: pressure control, speed, and direction of travel by bead rolling borders on both aluminum and steel to show how different metals react and how to avoid warping
- How to bead roll just about any image and finding artwork that you can bead roll
- Hands-on: Projecting and drawing artwork onto metal without being an artist
- Hands-on: Using the tipping die
- Hands-on bead rolling of your artwork where we work on how to determine what should be raised and what should be lower. I call this process perception since it is giving the perception of depth in the metal.
- Q&A with class
- Review of day 1 material
- Hands-on: Bead rolling of your artwork continues with personalized guidance on the process of perception.
- How to make metal frames for your artwork
- Metal frames continued
- Using and installing smash rivets in your artwork
- Layout and design considerations for rivets
- Q&A and review of the workshop
Throughout the workshop, students can work on their own projects and receive personalized guidance and feedback from the instructor. The workshop aims to give students a comprehensive understanding of the bead-rolling machine and the techniques needed to successfully create professional-quality bead rolled projects.